About RAM Design
RAM Design was established in 2007 by Richard Romero, an ex-Vetco engineer, to provide offshore inspection services utilizing robotic inspection tools. RAM Design quickly became a preferred in-situ inspection provider for offshore drillers and shore based riser maintenance companies. The robotic tools utilized are not only the most advanced in the industry, but they have proven field reliability, ensuring a high level of inspection productivity.
RAM’s robotic inspection offering has found significant traction in the current downturn as offshore inspections not only reduce riser inspection costs for drillers, but also cut down on logistics costs for operators.
RAM Design, a Louisiana – USA based company with extensive experience in offshore inspections of drilling risers, offers the following:
- Offshore in-situ inspection of drilling risers – with over 1200 robotic inspections completed in last 4 years.
- Advanced UT crawlers for main tube and auxiliary lines.
- Advanced automated NDE tools – Phase Array UT and Time of Flight Diffraction.
- DNV GL approved procedures.
RAM Design and JVS offer the following services at 4 locations – Port of Iberia, LA-USA; Singapore; Macae, Brazil; and Kakinada, India:
- Traditional riser inspection with complete strip-down, paint and reassembly.
- Production riser thickness gauging and weld qualification.
- Complete repair and recertification services for drilling risers, telescopic joints, termination ball joints, diverters and handling tools.
- Buoyancies repairs CAT I, II, III for all make and models.
- Storage and preservation of subsea equipment.
- In partnership with DRIL-QUIP, we can issue OEM CoC for their Rapid-dePloy™ riser system.
- For other riser systems we offer RAM Design CoC backed by solid engineering and over 30 years of riser maintenance experience.